Saturday, March 28, 2009

PANIC

Just when I think "I can do this" something else crops up to make me think, "Holy Cow, what am I getting myself into?"

It's little things, like, me and my husband have a standing breakfast date every week at our local favorite, Cafe Java. That will be out if I'm home schooling. Sometimes we meet for lunch during the week, and sometimes we *shock* come home and take a nap (wink, wink). I'm just seeing a lot of quality time with my husband going down the drain. Not that I think my kids education should be less than what it should be just so hubby and I can have some breakfast tacos in peace, but it does scare me, the amount of *me* time that I will be giving up.

I really do need to look at this as an investment in their future I guess. But goodness, if they keep fighting with each other like they do now, our school might include some duct taped mouths and boxing gloves or something.

So how do parents that home school make time for each other? We hardly ever go out at night. We've never paid a babysitter, we use family infrequently, and enjoy going during the day when it's never busy and we can have quiet time to talk and reconnect. Something else for me to really think about and plan into our home school time.

No comments:

Post a Comment